Friday, May 25, 2012

Three Wolf Moon

About eight months ago I switched departments at work. I moved from the modelling team in employee benefits group insurance to the strategic analysis team in variable annuities. When I left group insurance I got this sweet gift from my coworkers and manager.


For those who are not aware of the power of the three wolf moon t-shirt let me briefly explain. The t-shirt has super powers and everyone who has purchased it will back up that claim. Just look at the reviews! I had shared the link to the t-shirt with several months earlier so that they were aware of its epicness, and a few months later, when I was leaving the group they surprised me with it. In addition to the t-shirt they wrote a review for the shirt on my behalf (a premonition one might argue?!).

 The Review:

I'm a bit of a rebel and I enjoy expressing myself through t- shirts. However, working for a conservative insurance company, I had few chances to exhibit my preferred wardrobe. I purchased this shirt not for an purported magical element, but simply to wear at the company picnic and demonstrate my coolness. The picnic came and went without incident, but what came next could not have been predicted. 
 A few days later, I had thrown it on when I was about to study for an actuarial exam. When I sat down with the book in front of me, formulas suddenly streamed through my brain as effortlessly as singing the alphabet song. Vast volumes of text on social insurance were read and cataloged in seconds. Yes, there was magic in this shirt. Of course I wore the shirt to the exams and I passed with a perfect score. Emerging from the sitting, I confidently decided to attempt all remaining exams in the next sitting. Having quickly finished all my exams, I was on the fast track. And now, at 25, I'm the youngest CEO the company has ever had, and yes, I'm still dressed for success.
 I have been meaning to blog about this for some time and just now got around to it.  Thanks for the shirt guys!

0 comments: